Davison-Richfield Area
Senior Citizens
Activity Center

Advocacy For Senior Health Care: The Center has papers available on advocacy for health care. This is a way of making your own choices in the event of an emergency or death. Forms are available at the Center as well as copies needed.

Alzheimer’s Support Group: This group is for family and friends of persons with Alzheimer’s disease.

2nd Thursday of every month, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

Local regional office number is 810.780.4163 or 24/7 Helpline number is 800.272.3900

The pickup is the third Friday of the month at the Senior Center. This is a senior food program that follows the federal income guideline of a Family of 1 = $1,632 & a Family of 2 = $2,215

Available to people 60 years or older.
Must register the first time receiving it and prove your income.


Are you 65 or older and head of the household? Call Consumers at 1-800-477-5050 so you can qualify for shut off protection, no late payment charges and automatic eligibility for payment plans regardless of income.

Do Not Resusitate: This law is fairly new on the books and allows terminally ill to complete a do-not-resusitate medical form. They could also wear an optional bracelet. Ambulance crews would not resusitate if there is no pulse or breathing with one of these present. For more information call the Center.

If you suspect elder abuse or exploitation, please call 810-257-3422 Hotline. Senior Safety Tips Never give out personal information over the phone, including birth date, social security number and account numbers. Do not throw paperwork containing sensitive information in the trash, shred it. Never let strangers in the house to use the phone.

TeFAP Commodity Program – Given out quarterly – 4 Times a year March, June, September & December

– This is an additional food program with income eligibility guidelines for 60 years of age and older with a household size of 1 = $2,430 a month and a household of 2 = $3,287 a month

Are you or someone you know interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine but can not get to a clinic site due to a medical condition?  Genesee County residents aged 12 years and up in need of an in-home vaccination can register for an appointment through the health department. Please visit the following website:

Grief Support
Tuesday, 4:30-6:30 pm
If interested, please call 810-496-8625 and leave message

We have donated equipment available for you to borrow – Bath seats, canes, crutches, toilet seat raisers, walkers & wheelchairs.  We ask for a $25.00 CASH deposit and you will receive your $25 back upon returning the items!

Hours: 10:00 am to 2:00 P.M. Only!

Heating Assistance: Michigan senior citizens, low income families, and unemployed residents can apply for assistance in paying utility bills. The Michigan Public Service Commission’s “Be Winter Wise” program provides winter utility shut off protection during the winter months. The Michigan Public Service Commission and the utility companies want to help customers. If you think you may need help paying utility bills call the Consumer’s Energy Co. to enroll in one or more of the “Be Winter Wise” programs.

A program for seniors 62 and older.  For more information contact Evelyn Harris 810.249.6530 or Toll Free 855.561.5477

Weekdays 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.  Host Agency:  Valley Area Agency on Aging

Legal Services of Eastern Michigan offers legal assistance FREE of charge to seniors in Genesee County call 810-234-2621

Zach Pelech will be here at the Center on the 4th Monday of every month from 9 to 10:30 a.m.   Must call to make an appointment 810.658.1566

The Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program is a service that can help you make health insurance decisions.  MMAP’s mission is to educate, counsel and empower Medicare beneficiaries and those who serve them so that they can make informed health decisions.  Call to make an appointment 810.658.1566 or MMAP, Inc. 1.800.803.7174

2nd Tuesday of every other month
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.


Latex Paint Recycling

Batteries Recycling

Recycle Day

AARP is here February thru April doing income taxes at the Davison-Richfield Senior Center.
We start taking appointments the 2nd week of January every year.

The Davison-Richfield Area Senior Citizens  Activity Center has a vehicle (Not Handicap Accessible). We have a volunteer driver that takes seniors 60 years and older around the Davison Area for a fee of $4.00 each way. Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

You must call 24 hrs. in advance to schedule your rides. 810.658.1566

All of our drivers are volunteer.  We do not have a driver on staff!

Family Service Agency of Mid-Michigan in Partnership with Genesee Couty Office of Senior Services

The Senior Medical Liaison Transport Program services include:

    • Transport from your home to your medical appointment.
    • Liaison support at and during your medical appointment.
    • Transport to the pharmacy or grocery for dietary needs following your appointment.
    • Follow-up appointment transportation.
    • Out-of-county specialist transportation.

Call our intake line now to see if you qualify!

Barb McCarius, Program Coordinator

The Department of Veterans Services is a networking center for all veteran organizations in the county. The staff answers any questions that the veteran or family member may have, and/or refers them to the proper agency for additional help. The staff also disseminates information to the veteran’s organization as it relates to upcoming events, legislative concerns, or issues we feel are important to the veteran. The Department of Veterans Services is unique in that they house three State Service Officers from Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, and Marine Corp. League. These counselors assist veterans and family members with their claims and filling out VA forms for service-connected and non-service-connected disabilities and pensions for veterans, spouses, widows, and dependent children. The Service Officers are also accredited to represent veterans in all VA matters.

Transportation for Veterans to and from the VA hospitals are referred to the Disabled American Veterans, Chapter #3 810.742.9220, or a veteran may apply for bus transportation through the Soldiers Relief Commission or the Michigan Veterans Trust Fund.  For more information contact Department of Veteran Services, 1101 Beach St., Flint, MI  48502 810.257.3068 Monday thru Friday, 8 am – 11:45 am & 1 pm – 4:30 pm

Genesee County Department of Veterans Services has partnered with MTA Flint to offer 6 FREE rides a month to doctor’s appointments, pharmacy, grocery store, farmer’s market, and other destinations within Genesee County. Our Vets to Wellness program is available to veterans and their dependents.  Also, they can take you to the Detroit, Saginaw, or Ann Arbor VA! They have the ability to transport those that have to be confined to a wheelchair! They just need 2-3 days in advance to schedule. For more information contact Department of Veteran Services, 1101 Beach St., Flint, MI  48502 810.257.3068 Monday thru Friday, 8 am – 11:45 am & 1 pm – 4:30 pm

The Soldiers Relief Commission was established to help indigent veterans and/or veterans in an emergency situation who have at least one day of wartime service. A staff member fills out the application form for the veteran and Soldiers Relief Commissioners determine their needs. Many times, when immediate help is needed, they are referred to other county agencies. The veterans may apply for financial assistance for food, rent, mortgage, taxes, utility bills, clothing, and many other necessities of life. The Soldiers Relief Committee meets the 1st & 3rd Thursday at 10:00 a.m.

The Veterans Burial Fund is a fund set up for veterans who have at least 90 days of wartime service. If the estate, real and personal, does not exceed $40,000 excluding the homestead, the family will receive $300 towards the burial expenses from Genesee County. The veteran must also have been a resident of Michigan for a period of six months before entering the service, or for a period of three years immediately preceding death.

The Michigan Veterans Trust Fund is a state fund set up for veterans who have at least 180 days of wartime service and have a short-term emergent situation. In most cases, veterans apply for food, utility bills, rent, mortgage, taxes, clothing, and other items deemed as an emergent need. The Trust Fund Committee meets on a monthly basis.

Food 4Vets The Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency, armed with $300,000 donation from its Michigan Veterans Trust Fund, has created Food4Vets to assist Michigan veterans and their families who are experiencing food insecurity. Through the program, $30,000 in “food only” cards or certificates will be available to each of Michigan’s 10 Prosperity Regions for distribution by the MVAA and Senior Veteran Community Engagement Officers (SVCEOs). The SVCEOs will enlist Buddy Coordinators and Veteran Navigators in their regions to reach veterans in need. There is a simple application process that includes name, address, and contact information; proof of military service and separation with anything but a dishonorable discharge; and an affirmed statement of need. The food need may be due to COVID-19, job loss or other circumstance beyond their control. Assistance is limited to $100 per veteran for the duration of the program. Thus far, Meijer is participating in the program, and MVAA is working with other food suppliers in hopes of bringing more aboard. Veterans can be directed to the point of contact in their regions by calling 1.800.642.4838 or contacting the SVCEOs for their county or region. REGION 6 – For veterans living in Genesee, Huron, Lapeer, Sanilac, Shiawassee, St. Clair and Tuscola Counties contact: Gary Putinsky, SVCEO 810.241.5991 or gputinsky@co.genesee.mi.us

Homeless Veterans can get assistance with medical treatment, temporary shelter, housing, and employment. A representative from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is available at the Department of Veterans Services every other Friday from 9:00 to 11:45 am